Pumpkin Cinnamon Biscotti
4 January, 2016
By Moran Naor
So much flavour in these biscotti! A great snack to make for your family and visiting friends!
• 2 tbs ground flax
• 3 tbs water
• 1 cup almond flour
• 2 cup spelt flour
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1/4 tsp pink salt
• 2 tsp cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp ground ginger
• 1/4 tsp cloves
• 1/2 tsp nutmeg
• 1 cup coconut sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 3/4 cup pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
• 2 tbs coconut oil, melted
• 1/2 cup chopped pecans
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 165°c.
2. In a small bowl, combine ground flax and water and set aside for 15 min.
3. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients- almond flour, spelt flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger, cloves and nutmeg. Stir together until well mixed.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together coconut sugar, vanilla, flax mixture, pumpkin puree and melted coconut oil.
5. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir until mostly combined, then add pecans. Stir again. (Very sticky dough!)
6. Turn your dough out onto a piece of parchment. Knead the dough gently a few times, to incorporate any last bits of flour, but don't overwork it so the dough will be soft, with no visible flour, and fairly moist.
Split the dough for two pieces. Shape the first into a long log, with flat ends. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Repeat with the second batch of dough, and place next to the first piece of dough on the baking sheet.
7. Bake for 30 mins, until golden brown. Then let the logs cool for 20 mins.
8. Once cool but still warm, use a sharp knife to slice the logs into strips. Place slices back onto the baking sheet. Bake for another 10 minutes, then flip the biscotti and bake for another 10 minutes.
9. Once fully cooled, Store them in an airtight container.
Top with a little nut butter or coconut butter, or just snack as they are without any topping and enjoy!