Gluten Free Banana Bread
4 January, 2016
By Moran Naor
Made vegan and gluten free this beautiful banana bread could become a staple in your home. It is delicious and uses only simple healthy ingredients.
• 4 ripe bananas
• 2 tbsp coconut nectar (depends on how sweet you like it)
• 1¼ cup oat flour
• ½ cup almond flour
• ½ cup roughly chopped walnuts
• 2 tbs coconut oil, melted (and a little extra for coating the cake mould)
• 1 tbs dark rum (optional)
• 1.5 tsp vanilla
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp baking soda
• Pinch of pink salt
What to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C.
2. Put all the dry ingredients (except the walnuts) in a bowl, mix and set a side.
3. Put the bananas, coconut nectar, vanilla in a food processor and mix until pureed.
4. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine well.
5. Spread coconut oil on the cake mold.
6. Pour the mix in a cake mold.
7. Sprinkle the top of the batter with the roughly chopped walnuts and press gently so they'll get in the batter.
8. Bake for 45 minutes.
Simply top with some coconut oil and enjoy! You can top with chia jam if you like a little fruity sweet flavour. Any type of nut butter or coconut butter is also delicious on this banana bread.