Thai Zucchini and Carrot Coconut Noodles
25 August, 2015
By Freedom Wellness
We are kicking back tonight watching a movie and having this amazing dish for dinner. Thai Zucchini and Carrot Coconut Noodles. Think Pho noodles (even though they are Vietnamese) but better ;)
Low GI, Vegan, Dairy, Gluten & Sugar Free
Makes: Zucchini and carrot coconut noodles
Level of Difficulty: Medium
Time Taken: 30 minutes
• 1 tbs coconut oil
• 3-4 spring onions (save some for garnish)
• 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
• 1 piece of lemongrass
• 1 tsp chilli flakes
• 1 cup full fat coconut milk
• 1 tbsp tamari
• juice of 1 juicy lime & some zest
• Pinch of coconut sugar
• 1 handful of spinach
• 2 zucchinis, spirilized
• 2 carrots, spirilized
• Small handful of basil leaves
• Crushed almonds
What to do:
1. Heat coconut oil over low heat. Add most of the spring onions, ginger, chile flakes and the lemongrass piece. Add the coconut milk and tamari and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally. Leave to simmer for 15 - 20 mins. Then add lime juice and a pinch of coconut sugar.
2. Meanwhile prepare your toppings. Spirilize your zucchini and carrot noodles and set aside.
3. Chop spinach roughly and add then to the pan until just wilted.
4. Add basil and stir until wilted.
5. Turn heat off, remove the lemongrass piece, add zucchini and carrot noodles and serve into bowls immediately (you don't want the zucchini noodles to cook).
6. Top bowls with crushed almonds, fish sauce or tamari, coriander, chile flakes or sauce, or whatever else you desire.