Coconut Pumpkin Soup
29 October, 2013
• 1 whole pumpkin peeled and chopped into medium size cubes
• 2 large onions chopeed
• 1 large garlic clove (optional)
• 3 tablespoonscoconut oil
• 1 tsp cumin
• 1 tsp tumeric
• 1 tsp curry powder (make it 2 if you like a hit)
• 1 tblsp freshly chopped ginger
• Sea salt to taste (I like lots of the oink stuff)
What to do:
Add coconut oil to a large pot, heat until meleted. Add onions and garlic, saute for 1 minute, add spices and continue to saute for 1-2 minutes or until soft. Add half cup clean fresh filtered water, allow to boil. Add pumpkin and ginger. Add more water until it covers the top of the pumpkin plus a little extra. Cover with lid and allow water to boil. Once boiled take remove lid and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
When pumpkin is soft tranfer in batches the pumpkin and the liquid into a blended. Blend to achieve desired consisteny. Return to the pot and serve.
You can add a litle coconut cream as a garnish on top or mix it in for an even creamier consistency.