Black Tahini, Mocha Fudge
23 May, 2017
By Kelly Fielding
Tasty fudge recipe, high in calcium and protein, and the perfect little snack for the coming of cooler months!
• 1 cup of pumpkins seeds
• 1/3 cup of hazlenuts
• 1 cup of organic flaked coconut
• ½ cup of quinoa flakes
• 1 tablespoon of organic chia seeds
• 1 tablespoon of black sesame seeds
• 1 tablespoon of finely ground coffee
• a good pinch of salt
• 2 tablespoons of organic cacao powder
• 1 cup of soft dates
• 1 tablespoon of virgin coconut oil
• ¼ cup of black tahini
• 2 tablespoons of organic coconut nectar
What to do:
• Place all of the dry ingredients in the base of your food processer- pumpkin seeds, hazlenuts, coconut, quinoa flakes, chia seeds, seseame seeds, coffee, salt and cacao powder- and pulse a few times to break everything down slightly.
• Add in the dates, coconut oil, tahini and coconut nectar and process until the mix comes together and holds together well.
• Transfer the mixture to a slice tin lined with baking paper and smooth out evenly.
• Place in the fridge for an hour or two to set and then slice into squares or bars.
• The fudge will keep up to a week in the fridge.