Raw Lemon & Blueberry Slice
8 March, 2017
By Julia Lette
A nutritious combination of coconuts, nuts, dates, lemon and blueberries makes this dessert irresistible. This lemon and blueberry slice will definitely bring sunny vibes in your kitchen!
Makes 16 pieces
• 2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight and rinsed
• Zest of one lemon
• ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1/2 cup virgincoconut oil, melted
• ¼ cup coconut butter, melted
• 1/3 cup organic coconut nectar
• 1 ½ cups frozen blueberries
What To Do:
1. For the crust, place the almonds and shredded coconut into a food processor and process until a fine crumb is formed.
2. Add the lemon zest, dates and coconut oil and process until well combined.
3. Press crust firmly into a 22cm square cake tin.
4. Place the base into the freezer while you make the filling.
5. For the filling, process all ingredients except for the blueberries in a high speed blender until smooth and creamy.
6. Pour the filling onto the crust and tap out air bubbles.
7. Scatter the blueberries over the filling and press a few deeper down into the slice.
8. Place in the freezer for 2-3 hours until firm.
9. When ready to slice, leave at room temperature for 20-30 minutes prior to slicing.