Raw Blueberry Vanilla Cheesecake
26 October, 2016
By Casey-Lee Lyons
This guilt free, raw treat is a wonderful crowd pleasure! Free from refined sugar, gluten, dairy and eggs.
Prep: 30 minutes + soaking & setting
• Fresh blueberries
• Thickened coconut cream
What to do:
• Make base - in a high powered blender or food processor pulse almonds, coconut, dates and coconut oil to form a fine crumble.
• Spoon base into a lined cake tin, spread evenly and use the back of a spoon to press down firmly. Set aside in freezer whilst you make the filling.
• To make the filling - drain and rinse soaked cashews.
• In a high powered blender or food processor blend cashews, coconut oil, lemon juice, rice malt syrup and vanilla powder until smooth and creamy.
• Split your filling into two portions.
• Pour one layer on top of your base.
• Return the other portion to the blender and blend with blueberries until smooth.
• Carefully pour the blueberry layer on top of vanilla layer. (You can also allow your vanilla layer to set for 1 hour first before adding the blueberry layer).
• Freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Allow to stand for 25 minutes before serving to slightly soften. Decorate with optional toppings.