Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter Bites
20 September, 2016
By Nicole Frain
Delicious dark, antioxidant rich chocolate, filled with a creamy gooey lightly salted caramel, peanut butter fudgy filling…. Do we need to convince you to try these?
The combination of good fat coconut oil, peanuts and cashews making up these treats will help maintain your sugar cravings. Good fats provide sustainable energy to maintain fullness as well as being high in magnesium, zinc, vitamins and minerals to makes these treats full of nutrition. You won’t be consuming empty calories here so you won’t have to feel guilty about these little pleasures!
With a thin dark layer of chocolate, the richness is enough to keep your chocolate cravings at bay.
We think, the perfect afternoon snack, with a coconut milk latte…
Gluten Free | No Added Sugar | Dairy Free option | Egg Free | Vegan options
Time: 15 total setting time – 5 minutes’ prep time
Difficulty: fiddly, but simple
For the Caramel – makes about 30
• 8 dates – soaked overnight (or 6 medjool dates)
• 3 tbs smooth natural peanut butter
• 1 tbs organic coconut nectar
• A good pinch of salt
• 2 tbs coconut cream – thick component only
• 10 cashews- soaked overnight (or 2tbsp natural cashew spread)
• 2 tbs melted organic coconut oil
• 1 block (100g) vegan dark chocolate *
• 1 tbs melted organic coconut oil
What to do
1. Use mini silicon cases for the chocolates, or any other alternative
2. Add all your caramel filling ingredients in the food processor and blend until well combined. This may take a few moments and require the sides to be scrapped down.
3. Set aside and melt your chocolate and coconut oil.
4. Place enough chocolate to make a thin, completely covered layer of chocolate in your case, and allow to set completely.
5. Spoon in the caramel filling almost to the top.
6. Top with your melted chocolate and reset in the fridge.
7. Remove carefully from your cases, and enjoy right away. Best stored in the fridge and also freezes well.
A great idea gift wrapped for a present!