Matcha White Chocolates
1 February, 2016
By Nicole Frain
Difficulty: A little fiddly
Time: 10 minutes plus setting
2 tsp matcha green tea
1 tsp coconut sugar
2 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
20g cacao butter
2 tsp coconut nectar
80g homemade white chocolate (see recipe below)
1 tbsp coconut flour
What to do:
1. Combine coconut oil, coconut nectar and vanilla heat gently in a small pan to melt.
2. Stir in your matcha and coconut sugar until well combined.
3. Place the mixture into your choice of mould, add 1-2 drops of the matcha mix to the base and set aside.
4. Add your coconut flour to this mix and stir. Divide and shape into about 12 mini balls and set aside. (This is hot filling)
5. Melt your white chocolate and cacao butter and stir until smooth, about one minute in a pan.
6. Drop 1-2 tsp into your mould and angle around to coat the mould sides (this will also swirl the matcha mix in the base).
7. Drop your formed balls into the mould and cover and fill the sides with he remaining chocolate. Give a light tap to settle any air bubbles.
8. Set in the fridge for min 20minutes before removing from moulds.
9. Keep in the fridge.
What to do:
Melt your cacao butter and stir in everything until well blended. Use as per the above instructions to coat your Match White Chocolates.