Oreo Cookie Sandwich
25 August, 2015
OREO COOKIE. It may not be like the traditionally Oreo Cookie but it is definitely healthier and just as yum. Nothing like creating your own version of your favourite recipes.
Low GI, Vegan, Dairy, Gluten & Sugar Free
Makes: Oreo Cookie
Level of Difficulty: Medium
Time Taken: 40 minutes
For the middle:
• 3 tbsp agar agar
• ½ cup coconut milk
• 2 squirts of vanilla stevia
• ½ tsp vanilla bean pasta
What to do:
1. Pre heat oven at 200 degrees.
2. Place all of the base ingredients into the food processor, blend until clumped together.
3. On a tray with baking paper, roll out the mixture and use a circle cookie cutter to cut the mixture.
4. Bake for 15 minutes, then place on a cooling tray.
5. Meanwhile add the agar agar and coconut milk into a saucepan. Add the stevia and vanilla bean paste and cook for 5 min.
6. Pour into a bread loaf tin and place in the fridge for 15 min or until set.
7. Place the cookies on either side of the middle layer like a sandwhich.