Chocolate Chip Cookies
20 July, 2015
By Nicole Frain
These chewy, soft, naturally sweetened, gluten free biscuits are the perfect afternoon pick up treat.
Chocolate, is especially high in all good antioxidants.
All organic, that is grown free of nasties like pesticides to stop bugs or hormones that increase crop growth. What is sprayed on our food products is typically consumed and therefore they can impact your health, hormones and general body function. Organic certification also means that the growth of products must be kept a certain distance from any other crops that may use non-organic items to prevent run off or overspray from effecting the crops.
Low GI, dairy, gluten & Refined Sugar Free
Makes: about 12 cookies
Level of Difficulty: medium
Time Taken: 5 minutes prep + 12 minutes cooking time
• 1 tbs coconut oil, melted
• 75g spelt flour or flour of choice*
• 75g almond meal
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 chia egg (1 tbs chia seeds and 4 tbs water, set aside for 15 minutes to set)
• 1 tsp organic vanilla bean paste
• 130g coconut sugar
• 70g organic dark chocolate (dairy/sugar free) chopped
*Switching to Coconut Magic Coconut Flour reduce to about 50g then up if to wet. Coconut Flour is much dryer then other flours.
What to do:
1. Set your oven to 180degrees Celsius and line a baking tray or two.
2. Melt you coconut oil and combine with the vanilla and sugar.
3. Combine all your other ingredients except the chocolate, once half mixed add the chocolate in.
4. Using a wet TBSP take a tbsp. of the mix at a time and place onto your tray evenly spaced out they will spread as cooked. (I used two trays)
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and remove from oven. Allow to cool slightly before you more to a wire rack.
6. Store in an airtight container.