Strawberry Protein Chocolate
30 June, 2015
By Nicole Frain
Protein is a vital part of your daily nutritive needs. Vegetables such as mushrooms, lentils, legumes, leans as well as fermented soy products all contain great levels of protein to help keep you strong and building muscle. Protein also helps keep you full for longer, and the muscle build around your bone structure aids strengthens the body helping to create less injury, and quicker recovery time.
Consuming protein does not always indicate ‘bulking’ and getting ‘big’ as many people may believe. This takes years to build large levels of muscle and in many cases people are not genetically ‘able’ to achieve these results without some other form of assistance. So don’t deprive your body of the nutrients it needs, and this tasty treat, you will be getting your protein fix without even knowing it!
Low GI, dairy, gluten and refined sugar free
Makes: 8 squares
Level of Difficulty: medium
Time Taken: 10 minutes plus setting time
For the chocolate
• 1 tbs coconut oil, melted
• 16 squares (about 125g) dark organic chocolate
What to do:
1. Melt your chocolate and coconut oil together
2. Line a tray (20x20cm) with baking paper or use 2 small square baking dishes or even better silicon won’t need lining
3. Spoon a thin layer of chocolate into your tray and place in the fridge to set while you make your filling.
4. To make the filling combine all ingredients into a bowl and stir well. Between to baking sheets roll out thinly to just a smaller size then your tray. Lay over the chocolate base.
5. Remelt your chocolate if required and pour over to cover and a smooth top
6. Allow to half set before adding in decoratives or cutting in patterns.