The Chocolate Heart Tart
12 February, 2015
By Freedom Wellness
This decadent tart is perfect for your valentine. Its deliciously rich with a nutty base, salted caramel and rich chocolate mousse, finished with a chocolate shell.
Makes: 1 cake
Level of Difficulty: Medium
Time Taken: 30 mins prep and freeze overnight
For the Base
• 2 cups raw almonds
• 5 pitted medjool dates
• 1 cup coconut oil
• 2 cups medjool dates, pitted
• ½ cup warm water
• 1 tbs Himalayan salt
What to do:
1. Grease a heart shaped silicone mold
2. For the base, in a food processor blend almonds, 5 medjool dates, ½ cup coconut oil until well
mixed and reasonably fine.
3. Press the nut mixture into the bottom of the mold and place in freezer to set.
4. For the salted caramel, place 2 cups medjool dates in a food processor with water and salt. Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour salted caramel into the mold over the nut base, spread evenly and return to the freezer.
5. For the chocolate mousse, place bananas, avocado, coconut nectar and ½ cup cacao powder in the food processor and blend until smooth.
6. Pour the chocolate mixture over the caramel mixture and return tart to freezer to set overnight.
7. Remove tart from freezer and remove it from the silicone mold.
8. To make the chocolate shell, place ½ cup coconut oil, 2 tbs cacao powder and 2 tbs coconut nectar in a glass jar and mix well. Pour chocolate sauce over the frozen cake, it will set straight away.
9. Decorate cake with frozen raspberries and grated chocolate.
10. Allow to stand for 30mins before serving