Raw Dark Chocolate Almond Nut Butter Cups
7 January, 2015
By Caroline Edgar
These homemade dark chocolate peanut butter cups are an adapted recipe from Liz at Funky Fitness Foods. They are the perfect sugar-free decadent treat that everyone in the family is sure to enjoy.
6 peanut butter cups
Level of Difficulty:
Total Prep/Cook Time:
• 1 cup of coconut oil
• 6 tbsp of coconut flower nectar
• 120g raw cacao powder
• 1 tsp natural almond butter per cup (or any other nut butter)
What to do:
1. In a saucepan, over a low heat, melt the Coconut Oil
2. Take the pan off the stove and stir in the Coconut Nectar and Cacao Powder
3. Pour 3-4 tbsp each into a lined muffin case then leave to set in the fridge for 10mins or until hardened. You should only have used half the batter
4. Remove from the fridge and place the tsp of nut butter in the middle of the cups.
5. Top the cups with the remaining chocolate batter and place back into the fridge for 15mins.
6. Just before the cups are fully hardened, top with desired toppings and enjoy.