Salt & Vinegar Kale Chips
9 August, 2017
By Jenni Madison
Revisit your traditional Kale chips with a little vinegar kick!
Serves 6-8 | Prep: 20min + 2 hrs bake or 12 hrs dehydrating
• 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
• 2 tbs olive oil
• 1 tbs coconut vinegar
• 1/2 tbs balsamic vinegar
• 1 tsp pink salt
• 1 large bunch curly kale - wash and strip the leaves discarding the stem
What to do:
• Combine the vinegars, sunflower seeds, and salt in a food processor. Pulse until a chunky paste is created, add a little water if required to assist with the process.
• Put the kale leaves in a bowl. Pour the mixture from the food processor over the top of the kale leaves, and using clean hands massage the mixture into the kale, to evenly coat the leaves.
Using the Dehydrator
• Warm the dehydrator to 115°F(46°C)
• Spread the kale leaves out onto 4 mesh trays.
• Dehydrate for approximately 12 hours or until the kale becomes crispy.
Using the oven
• Pre-heat the oven to 95°C(200°F)
• Line in a baking tray with a parchment paper.
• Spread the kale on top of the baking sheet, as evenly as you can.
• Bake for about 2 hours.
• The time may vary so keep an eye on the kale to make sure it doesn't burn. When it's dried out and crispy, it's ready to eat!
Enjoy immediately or keep in an airtight container for 2 weeks.