Homemade Coconut Milk
6 December, 2017
By Bronte Rae
This morning I woke up and realized I had run out of almond milk (I don’t do dairy). So, in my furry of searching my pantry for any alternative to have with my morning muesli I may have come across a quick and easy life hack!
Homemade coconut milk
Its seriously easy, and only requires a couple of ingredients –
organic coconut butter
and water! You can add dates or organic coconut flower nectar to sweeten!
It is so simple, super creamy and delicious!
• 1 litre of filtered water
• 3 tbs organic coconut butter
• 1 muslin cloth or Nut Mylk Bag (available from most health food stores)
• 1 tbs organic coconut flower nectar
• 2 small dates blended (if hard soak in hot water for 5 minutes while you prepare the milk)
What to do:
Blend water and coconut until emulsified.
Sift this through a muslin cloth (You can try it without this step, however, this just makes sure the milk isn’t to pulpy)
Add in coconut flower nectar (or if adding dates blend these with some of the coconut milk and pour in!)
Store this in a glass bottle in the fridge and enjoy!
This should last about 4 days in the fridge, but to be honest I think I will have used it all in 2!