Healthy Chocolate Smoothie
11 April, 2017
By Kelly Fielding
Easter is just around the corner! There is no better way to celebrate than starting the day with this healthy delicious chocolate smoothie. The cacao, maca and mesquite work to offer the body a wonderful energy boost as well as balance hormones and blood sugar. Avoid the crash of sugar-filled chocolates this Easter and nourish your body with natures best treats.
• 1 large or 2 small frozen bananas chopped
• ¼ ripe avocado
• 1 tablespoon organic cacao powder
• 1 teaspoon organic maca powder
• 1 teaspoon mesquite powder
• ½ teaspoon cacao nibs
• 1 teaspoon coconut flower nectar
• 1 teaspoon virgin coconut oil
• ¾ cup of coconut or almond milk
What to do:
• Place all ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth or creamy. You may add a little more almond/coconut milk to reach your desired consistency.
• Pour into a glass and enjoy with a smile!
*If you wish to throw a handful of leafy greens in this smoothie for some added green goodness, feel free- it will still taste just as good!