Raw Coconut Nectar Raspberry Chia Jam
14 October, 2014
By Sharon Rosenrauch
This is the perfect recipe for those of you who love Jam but hate sugar. All you need is fresh fruit, chia seeds, and the all-important coconut nectar and presto! You’ve got yourself a delicious, homemade jam that’s not only quick to prepare, but tastes delicious and is a healthy addition to your breakfast and/or snacking ritual. We all know chia seeds are amazing – those little pin-head size seeds are not only rich in omega-3s and fibre, but when added with a liquid-type substance they absorb and expand approximately 10 times their size, giving this jam a wonderful, thick consistency. The flower nectar adds to the sweet flavor and impressive nutritional content.
Vegan, Dairy, Gluten & Nut Free
Approx 6-8 servings (1 cup of jam)
Level of Difficulty:
Total Prep/Cook Time:
3 – 5 minutes!
What to do:
1. Place the raspberries, cubed plum and lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium heat and mix through using a wooden spoon (using the spoon to smash the fruit as it begins to heat up and the mixture begins to boil) – continue for approx. 4 minutes
3. Remove the mixture from the heat and cover it with a cloth
4. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes to thicken (the chia seeds will congeal)
5. Once cool, transport mixture to an air tight container and refrigerate
• Note: this mixture will keep in the fridge for approximately 2 weeks