Asparagus Summer Salad
18 January, 2017
By Liz Lemieux
It's summer time! There is nothing better than a colorful salad to bright up your day. Simple, refreshing and rich in vitamins, this recipe will get you energised for the rest of the day.
• Antioxidants : help detoxify the body, fight free radicals and acts as an anti-inflammatory.
• Folate : essential for a healthy cardiovascular system
• Amino acid : acts as anti-inflammatory
• Inulin : boosts nutrient absorption and stabilizes digestion
• Vitamin K and Vitamin C : strengthens bones and immune system
• 1 pack of fresh asparagus (cooked until softer but still crunchy)
• 1 cup cherry tomatos, cut in half
• 1 yellow capsicum, diced
• 1/3cup olive oil
• 1/4 cup coconut cider vinegar
• Juice of 1/2 freshly squeezed lemon
• Sea salt and pepper to taste
What to do:
• Wash the vegetables well, then shake or pat dry with a tea towel.
• Cut and prepare the vegetables as mentioned.
• Mix all dressing ingredients into a small jar.
• Add dressing to salad and mix well.
Feel free to add any other vegetables or fruit that may brighter your salad even more. Enjoy!