Greek Salad With Almond Feta (Vegan)
5 January, 2016
By Jenni Madison
Dairy free, paleo and lactose intolerant friends you don't have to miss out on eating fresh Greek Salads! Made authentic with fresh olives, coconut vinegar and oregano dressing. You will be amazed at how delicious the almond feta is when added to the mix.
Prep time:15 minutes
Cooking time: 15-25 minutes
Large bowl of lettuce leaves, washed
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1 small red onion, sliced
1 Lebanese cucumber
1 green capsicum, chopped
½ cup pitted black olives
1 red capsicum, chopped
½ cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
½ cup olive oil
¼ cup Coconut Cider Vinegar
2 tsp dried oregano
Pinch of pink salt
1½ cups almond meal
¼ cup lemon juice
3 tbs olive oil
1 clove crushed garlic
½ tsp pink salt
What to do:
1. Wash the greens and vegetables well, then shake or pat dry with a tea towel.
2. Using your hands, break up the green leaves into small pieces and place into a bowl.
3. Add all other salad ingredients and using your hands mix well.
Blend all ingredients and pour into a small jar.
1 Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F)
2. Process all ingredients in food-processor until a smooth paste consistency is reached (approximately 4-6 minutes).
2. Turn mixture out onto a sheet of plastic wrap, and use the plastic wrap to shape it into a tight disc about 3 cm (1.25 inch) thick.
4. Bake on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for 15-25 minutes, until the surface is crusty and slightly golden.
5. Let cool.
Add sliced almond cheese and feta cheese to the salad.