Detox Garden Salad
30 October, 2013
- 1 large bunch organic romaine lettuce
- 1 large tomato
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 1/2 red onion finely sliced
- 1 handful of pepita's (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup of virgin olive oil
- Pinch of sea or Himalayan salt to taste
- Fresh juice of half a lemon
What to do:
Wash all ingredients (except for pepita's) well with clean or filtered water. Break the romaine lettuce into smaller pieces. Half peel the cucumber in stripes, so a portion of the skin remains, slice down the centre in half and then chop into pieces. Slice tomatoes into diagonal pieces. Slice capsicum into small pieces. Chop parsley until fine.
Mix all chopped ingredients into a salad bowl. Sprinkle pepitas over the top.
Pour each of the ingredients of the dressing over the top of the salad.