Radiant Raw Persimmon and Turmeric Cheesecake
1 February, 2016
By Kelly Fielding
Persimmons are a favorite fruit of mine and while they are in season I love creating new recipes with them! This incorporate turmeric for extra nutritional benefits and a vibrant colour! This unique dessert will please anyone and is 100% guilt free!
1 cup of desiccated coconut
1 cup of pecans
¾ cup of soft dates
¼ cup of soft dried apricots
small pinch of salt
What to do:
1. Soak the dates and apricots on warm water for 20 minutes or so to soften them and then strain well.
2. Add all of the base ingredients to your food processor and process until the mixture comes together. It should stick together but still retain some texture.
3. Press the base into a large square spring form tin and place in the fridge while you make the filling.
1 ½ cups of cashews, soaked for 4 hours and then strained and rinsed well
3 ripe soft persimmons chopped roughly
½ cup ofcoconut nectar
¼ cup of coconut oil
A good pinch of turmeric powder (it should be very yellow and fresh- organic is best! Otherwise you may get a curry cashew cake!)
1 tablespoon of coconut yogurt
¼ teaspoon of orange zest
A small pinch of salt
2 teaspoons of lemon juice
What to do:
1. Place the persimmons in the bottom of your blender, then the coconut yogurt, lemon juice, coconut nectar, salt, orange zest, turmeric powder and then the cashews on top- this will help make blending easier.
2. Blend on high speed until very smooth and creamy, the liquid from the persimmons should be enough to get everything moving easily.
3. Lastly, add the coconut oil and blend until mixed through.
4. Pour the filling over the base and smooth out so it is completely even.
5. Place the slice back in the fridge to set for 3-4 hours.
6. You can top this with fresh slices of persimmon, chopped pecans and serve with coconut yogurt and mint.