24 March, 2015
By Jenni Madison
A great combination of our favourite Superfoods - Coconut, Maca, Cacao, Almonds and more all mushed up together in a delicious bite...
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooling: 1 – 2 hours
Makes: 12 Maca Macaroons
½ cup almonds, soaked for 4 hours
1 tbs maca powder
¼ cup cacao powder
½ tsp vanilla essence
2 tbs flax seed, ground
1.75 cups desiccated coconut
5 pitted medjool dates
2 tbs coconut nectar
⅛ tsp pink salt
1. Process all the ingredients for the Maca Ball except the desiccated coconut in a food processor and pulse until it becomes like a sticky dough.
2. Add one cup of the desiccated coconut and pulse until it is almost fully mixed through.
3. If the macaroon dough is not sticky enough, add some water and continue to pulse.
4. Transfer the mixture from the processor into a bowl and add the rest of the desiccated coconut. Mix it in well.
5. Form the mixture into 12 macaroon shapes and coast slightly with some more desiccated coconut.
6. Place in the fridge for 1-2 hours to set.
Keep for up to 7 days in the fridge.