Banana and Coconut Soup
25 August, 2015
By Freedom Wellness
We’re are starting this beautiful morning with one of our favourite breakfasts… Banana and Coconut Soup. We picked up this recipe when travelling through Vietnam. The Vietnamese use this traditional dish as a breakfast or dessert. It’s super easy to whip up as either.
Low GI, Vegan, Dairy, Gluten & Sugar Free
Makes: Banana and Coconut Soup
Level of Difficulty: easy
Time Taken: 15 minutes
• 2 bananas
• 400 ml coconut milk
• 1 tbsp coconut sugar
• 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
• 1 tbsp crushed almonds
What to do:
1. Peel the bananas and cut them in half lengthways. Cook under a hot grill until golden.
2. Meanwhile, combine the coconut milk and coconut sugar in a saucepan and gently cook over low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Add the grilled banana and simmer until the banana has softened.
4. Spoon the soup into two bowls and sprinkled with the sesame seeds and crushed almonds