Cacao Pancakes with Chocolate Ganache
24 May, 2015
By Lisa Karaki
These decadent pancakes are vegan and made with an abundance of chocolate and coconut. Topped with banana, strawberries and chocolate ganache. A great start to any day!
Prep time: 25 minutes
1/2 cup buckwheat
1 tsp coconut sugar
½ tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
Flax egg: 1/2 tbsp ground flaxseed, mixed with 1.5 tbsp water, set aside for about 10 minutes
1/2 mashed banana
½ cup non-dairy milk, almond or coconut will work fine
½ tsp apple cider vinegar or coconut vinegar
1 tbsp coconut oil to cook with
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients:
1. Sift dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix well.
2. Mix the non-dairy milk and vinegar in a separate bowl, and then add the flax egg.
3. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients in, mixing to combine.
4. Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes and add coconut oil. Use ¼ cup of batter per pancake, flipping when you start to see bubbles.
5. To make ganache, mix all ingredients together, adding more of any ingredient to taste.
6. Serve pancakes with ganache and fresh fruit!