Raw Chia Pudding with Berries
6 October, 2014
By Caroline Edgar
I have a chia pudding recipe that I had made before and made again because I liked it so much!
- 1 young coconut, water and flesh
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen (thawed) mixed berries
- 5-6 tbsp organic chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp beetroot powder (or 2 tbsp fresh grated beetroot)
- 2 tsp virgin coconut oil
- 1 tbsp organic coconut nectar (optional, for added sweetness)
What To Do:
Open the young coconut, pour out water into a blender, and scrape out meat and remove any shards before placing it into the blender. Blend on a high speed until it's a smooth and creamy consistency.
Add either the grated beetroot or beetroot powder into the blender, and blend just until it's incorporated into the mixture.
Place into a container and stir in the chia seeds, coconut nectar and berries, making sure all chia seeds are covered by the young coconut mixture.
Let it sit in the fridge for 4+ before eating. Serve with fresh fruit and berries, flaked coconut and goji berries!